Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Strike Over! Er, Suspended that is.


Thank You!


Super duper news!  The strike is over.  Thanks to the support of the families, unions, all the honking drivers, and the Seattle community.

I learned so much.
I learned there are lots of questions in room of 2,000+ colleagues and it takes a loooong time to respond to everything.
I learned it is awesome to be in a room of 2,000+ colleagues who are in complete agreement.

I learned that it is extremely difficult to be patient when there is debate from different sides about an issue.
I learned that being patient while there is debate from different sides about an issue result in great help in deciding on that issue.

I learned when one is part of a large group negotiation, I cannot expect everything will benefit me.
I learned that when I stand up for others, others stand up for me.

I learned that picketing all days makes my body ache in places I didn't know exist.
I learned reaching out and talking to everyone (staff, parents, kids, community, strangers) makes the time on the picket line speed by.

I learned we have talented singers (Thank You, Mrs. O), dancers (Michiko Sensei, my oh my!!), and cheerleaders (all you kids and families) at McDonald International.
I learned the McDonald International Community Rocks!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment