Sunday, September 26, 2021

Teddy Bear Exchange with Siberia

A Teddy Bear named Misha is on his way to our class from students in Krasnoyark, Siberia!

Misha or Миша is a famous Russian name, short for the name Mikhail (Michael). A nickname for Misha is Mishka. This name is very similar to the Russian word for a bear, медведь (medved).



Teacher Anna and students holding Misha the Bear



Students with Misha the Bear


Teacher Irina



Teacher Irina says, "My kids are really friendly. I like spending time with the students in the park or forest. I usually do it once a month. We have amazing nature. So breathing the fresh air and having fun with classmates is the best time ever!" 



Students playing at recess.



This is where Krasnoyarsk is on the map.


Krasnoyarsk is the third largest city in Siberia and is situated along the Yenisey River. Krasnoyarsk is an important junction of the famous Trans-Siberian Railway.



The Yenisey River is the 3rd longest river in Russia and flows from Mongolia, through Siberia, to the Arctic Ocean.



Yenisey River



Yenisey River



Our new friends in Siberia






 

2 comments:

  1. We are very glad to collaborate with you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riya - I think it is really cool how you can go outside into the woods. We can't do that in Seattle.
    Clara - I think when we got Mishka, he was very fluffy.
    Iris - Misha is very welcomed her in Seattle and Russia looks beautiful.
    Tali - I think the river looks pretty and I'm amazed that it is that long.
    Hazel - I think Mischa is really cute. I also agree that Russia looks really pretty.
    Lucy - In that picture of Russia, it looks very pretty.
    Cooper - I think the river is very beautiful.
    Anju - I think Russia is very beautiful and I like the river.
    Suzuka - Your fieldtrip looks fun and the river looks really nice.
    Baird - I think that Russia looks very fun; I hope I get to see it in person someday.
    Lena - Mischa is so cute and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete