Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Lauren in Washington DC

Hello Class!

I made it to Virginia! Our first day here, we visited Great Falls National Park.  This is the Potomac River that divides Virginia and Maryland.  It also goes through Washington DC.


We also visited one of the Japanese Immersion schools here:


This is my Dad's work:



This is me on the Metro train riding into DC:


This is the Washington Monument.  It's really tall when you stand right next to it!
 

This is the Reflecting Pool between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial:


This is Eleanor and me in front of the Lincoln Memorial:


Inside the Lincoln Memorial (the statue is bigger than you think):


Me with the White House in the background:


Here's the White House up close:


On Saturday, we visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  This is a NASA jet hanging from the ceiling.


This is the Capitol of the United States.  They are already setting up the stage for the presidential inauguration in January!


There is a farm near our apartment and these are some of the animals we saw.
Pigs can sometimes seem to be really ugly, but it turns out they can be super cute!


These pigs live in Hogwarts (ha, ha)!





  
Today we started school at our neighborhood school.  We walked and got to cross this river on the way to school!


I miss you a lot! If you want to be a pen pal, you can write me at:

Lauren Johnson
2323 Dulles Station Blvd #427
Herndon, VA 20171

See you soon!




2 comments:

  1. Tess - I miss you so so so so much and I will always remember you and I hope you have a good time in D.C.
    Amara - It was so cool to see you again.
    ELsa - If you fall into the river, tell us and show us a picture.
    Clio - I miss you a ton and your post is really good.
    Julia - We miss you and send us a picture when you fall into the river.
    Ollie - You can find me in the White House.
    Matthew - Hope you have a good time in your school.
    Bodhi - You school seemed good so have fun! Don't fall into the river.
    Kai - Try not to fall into the river.
    Kaya - Have a good time in D.C.
    Atticus - I hope you have good time in your new school, make new friends, and don't fall into the river!
    Luke - Hope you had a good time at your school and don't let the crocodiles bite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren I really miss you!!
      Hope you have a good time at your other Japanese school!!👋
      Kaya

      Delete