Friday, October 16, 2015

Highlights of the week for William


This week Ms. Kathleen put up our shoes that we colored on the marathon road paper. She will move them along the road as we continue through the year. She covered them with a shiny plastic cover to make them look nice.

This week we also tried different poetry strategies for growth mindset poets, for example, structure, perspectives, and strategies for how to put feelings into our poems. I've only used free form for my poem structure, so I'm going to try to use a haiku structure next time. I've also used the perspectives from people and things, but not a place yet, so I'm going to try to use the perspective of a place in my next poem. I might even write a haiku from the perspective of a place! But that's going to be kind of tricky. The rest of the class has done an amazing job on their poems, and a lot of them are really silly.
             We  are also revising our poems this week. Many of our classmates' poems are sounding better now that they are revising them.
             In addition, we are starting our to make our wonder balls this week, which are balls we are making out of paper circles.  We write poems on the circles, and then we fold the circles in half and glue the sides together to make the ball. Here is a picture of a wonder ball Ms. Kathleen made below:








  


2 comments:

  1. Lucas - I think that I like my shoe and I like everyone's poem.
    Lijah - I like how William uses lots of things he could get better at.
    Ben - I liked my shoe to add onto Lucas too and the field trip was great and fun in some parts. And I also liked writing poetry.
    Abby - Today's fieldtrip was mostly fun but I think it would have been a little more fun if it was a little less interactive.
    Camille - Making the wonderballs was really fun and I got Paige's signature.
    Charlotte - I liked all the shoes because they were colorful and I'm excited to start reading a book in my book club.
    Emma - I think William did a great job posting and I loved what everybody did with their shoes.
    Joaquin - That is a really good post and I'm also excited about making my wonderball. Also, I'm also excited to see if my poems would fit in my wonderball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Additional comments from William:

    My wonderball is coming along great! I just have to decide on how many poems to put on it...

    ReplyDelete