Sunday, April 8, 2012

From Jay's Family

I am Jay's mom, Yuki.
 
As some of you may have heard, we are moving to China for three years for my husband's job. The city, where we will live, is called 成都 ("Chengdu") in the Sichuan province. It is very sad for us to leave the fantastic Ms.Kathleen and Michiko Sensei classmates and families. Jay really enjoys this school and he is always excited to go to school in the mornings.  He comes home with good stories about his friends and shares what he has learned everyday. Knowing Jay is in a school where he feels secure, fun and warm, means so much to us.
 
As a Japanese person, it was a great pleasure for me to witness how American kids learn Japanese. I am very impressed with how much the kids understand now, and I always love to chat with them in Japanese. 
 
In China, Jay will go to an international school during the week and a Japanese school on Sundays.  Jay is looking forward to being able to come back to McDonald in three years.  As I have talked about with Ms.Kathleen, I will try to post our lives in China on a blog and we hope you can check it sometimes and give us comments or questions so that we can keep in touch.  The blog will be introduced in Ms. Kathleen's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment