Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Questions For Jay's Family

1.  What does your new house or building look like?  Can we see it in a photo?
2. Do you see any pandas?
3.  What does your school look like?
4.  What color is your house?
5.  What does your teachers look like?
6.  I'm wondering if you will see any ice there.
7.  I wonder if there are beaches there.
8.  Do you see snakes there?
9.  Are you having fun?
10.  Do you like your new language?
11.  Do you like your  house?
12.  Do you have new friends?
13.  What restaurants do you like?

Add'l questions from Charlotte
Dear Jay,
This is me, Charlotte. I am riding on a mermaid horse. We're at the Tacoma zoo with my cousins. We went on the carousel. My cousin, Annie, rode a Beluga whale.  My other cousin, Aidan, rode a poisonous frog. My brother, Hugh, rode a horse next to Annie's Beluga whale. This is the picture of me riding on a mermaid horse. 

I have some questions for you and your family. 

1. Did you see any panda bears?
2. Did you see any ice?
3. What does your building or house look like?
4. Are you having fun?
5. What is the food like?
6. Did you eat with chopsticks?
7. Do you have a car or taxi or bus?
8. Do you have ice cream there?
9. Did you bring all of your toys with you?
10. Do you have new friends yet?

We miss you in class! Pearl is sad because you're her reading partner. I am having a play date with Josie on April 18th, 2012. I think Josie misses you too! I do.  
we are sad you can't go on the blog. 

Please write me back when you can. 

Thanks,
Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. We are going to move into our aparment next week so I can answer the questions about our apartment at that time. Until then, I am answering two questions this week.

    6. I'm wondering if you will see any ice there.

    No, we can't see any ice. Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan provice, in southwesten China. The city is surrounded by mountains. The weather here is mild and humid. The city is known for fog so we really can't see far off mountains from the city, even if there were ice on the surrounding mountains.


    7. I wonder if there are beaches there.

    Because the city is not located along an ocean, there are no beaches. But almost all the apartment complexes we have seen have indoor and outdoor pools. In fact, our apartment complex has those, too. So, it seems instead of going to beaches, people in Chengdu go to pools in the summer.

    ReplyDelete