Thursday, March 7, 2013

Highlights of the week for Carys



My highlights are learning about the Song Dynasty and Chinese Brush Painting.  We also learned about the four treasure of China - ink stone, mulberry paper, ink brush, and ink stick.  It was a very fun week learning about China.  We painted lizards and bamboo leaves.  It was really fun to learn to hold the brush; it made you feel like you were in ancient China.  I also painted a flower. 

We have new small groups and we have mini books to focus on.  It is really fun. One was about Texas and the other was about Massachusetts.  It was fun to learn about different states.  We generated ideas for our non fiction writing.  I generated horses, flowers, nature, and the four treasures of China. I did so many post-its I forgot the rest.

4 comments:

  1. Zara - I painted a flower too.

    Halle - I painted a spider.

    Matthew - It made me feel like I was in ancient China too.

    Aspen - I think the name for zebra stripes for the strokes (brush painting strokes) is funny.

    Felix - I painted a flower too.

    Zoe - I painted a bird, a crane.

    Audrey - I love learning about the Song Dynasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have learned so much about China! Can't wait to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carys,it was very fun to read about China, especially about the art there! I went to China 4 times for work, and 1 time for the Beijing Olympics. It was incredible. I hope you can go someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Carys;

    What a great opportunity to learn brush painting. I wish I could learn too. You and your class are acquiring great skills. How proud you all must be :-)

    ReplyDelete