Friday, April 5, 2013

Highlights of the week for Thea



After learning about the Yuan Dynasty and Marco Polo's travels, we learned about the Ming Dynasty this week and we copied the notes down.  We did brush painting.  I painted bamboo and cranes and other little creatures.  We did pin down in gym.  I'm looking forward to going to ballet.  Today I have ballet.

In the Ming Dynasty, the first emperor was the son of a poor farmer.  The farmer was so poor he had to give way his children.  He was given to monks at first and the monks weren't able to keep him so he became a beggar.  One day he got tired of it and went to go fight the Mongols!  And then they beat them and told them to never come back.  After he became emperor, he name it Ming Dynasty because it meant "bright".  He didn't let foreigners come into China and instead send his people out to explore the world.

I am also looking forward to spending time with Nin, my grandmother.  There are three people who are having birthdays this weekend, Eli and Aerin have birthdays on Saturday.  Nin has a birthday on Sunday.  And I am coming to Nin's birthday party.


3 comments:

  1. Halle - my mom's birthday is on Saturday.

    Ian - I can't wait. Next week I'm getting chicks. I wish I can blog about them.

    Thea - I think you did a very good job, Thea.

    Aspen - Nice blogging.

    Isabella - I wonder what you are going to do for ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know any of that information about the Ming dynasty, Thea. Thanks for telling us!--Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Thea,
    I loved hearing about the Ming Dynasty and all the other interesting things you are learning at school. I hope you can teach me some brushwork. Thanks for telling everyone about my birthday party. I know it will be extra special to me to have you there!
    Love,
    Nin

    ReplyDelete