Friday, November 22, 2013

Highlights of the week from Felix

This week we watched a movie about the Mayans and we took notes on it.  In the picture, it is a jaguar in the underworld.  We know this because the jaguar is not well fed and the dot in the belly marks that it is sick.  I learned from the movie that the Mayans of the south left because of drought. They thought they were going to come back but they didn't.  The archaeologists thought they didn't come back because there was political tension among the leaders and they couldn't organize a return.

Then we started a new unit on writing - realistic fiction and small moments.  Next week, we are not going to have school.  I'm going to Los Angeles for Thanksgiving and I am going to have roast beef for lunch on Thursday.  My grampa is getting really excited about it.  And, hi.

The PTA said that they would contact us about the $1,000 for typing in January.







1 comment:

  1. Carys - Nice blog Felix. I agree with you that jaguars are from the underworld.
    Zoe - I hope the PTA donates the $1,000 for typing.
    Aspen - Can you tell me what it is like in Los Angeles when you get back?
    Halle - How do you know all those really hard to spell words?
    Josiah - Are you going to Parkour on Sunday?
    Zara - Hi.
    Felix - Yes I am going to Parkour, I think.
    Dino Are you going to live in a hotel in Los Angeles?
    Felix - We are not going to a hotel and we are not going to live there.
    Karthik - I've been to Los Angeles and it was fun. And also, I tripped in the airplane.

    ReplyDelete