Friday, January 17, 2014

Highlights of the week from Karthik



The highlights of this week was doing cursive and my prediction is that we are going to do Castle Block in gym.  We drank Mayan Stew; it is tasty. Mr. P brought some very hot chili pepper hot sauce and it was very spicy.  He gave it to me to taste and then I asked if he could put a teensy bit in my stew.  And then everyone went to the sink to spit out because it was HOT!

We had a pretend Mayan Village Wednesday.  My table was first to make glyphs.  And then the second thing is making straw houses, and then if we do good on making them, we get 2 cacao beans as payment.  And if we don't do well, sticking it in like a piece of nothing, we get 0 cacao beans.  We got to do some weaving on a hand loom and then we got o read stories.  We also got to cook. We cut some vegetables and we were using butter knives. It was hard using butter knives; they were supposed to be fake stone knifes because the Mayans had stone knives.  The vegetables were used to make stew.

3 comments:

  1. Zara - I like your post and I like the stew too.
    Zoe - I didn't go to the sink to spit out the hot sauce.
    Isabel - I tried some of the hot sauce and it is really spicy.
    Max - I disagree with you about the sauce. I got the hottest kind and it was not very hot.
    Anna - no need to brag but the hottest sauce was not very spicy.
    Josiah - How many cacao beans did you get?
    Karthik - 8
    Dino - I also think what Max thinks. Also, it is not that hot.
    Ian - Same as Anna.
    Karthik - It's not really spicy too.
    Felix - Same as Zoe.
    Aspen - Did you try the pepper flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Watch out for that Mr. P! He will spice you up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all were so brave in trying the "chile". Mr.P told me that you tried HABANERO!!! Is the most spicy hot sauce in the market, I believe!
    I don't like hot sauce unless is very mild. The soup was very tasty!

    ReplyDelete