Friday, January 24, 2014

Highlights of the week from Max





In social studies, we did flash cards of little facts that we learned about the Mayans.  I know that in Mesoamerica, they didn't have a lot of dairy animals.  They had to grow all their food.  They ate chili peppers, beans, squash, corn.  They grew their food in the bush forest which they burned to clear the land.  And then they had to wait for the rainy season so the earth would soften up to plant seeds.

Yesterday we had our last book discussion on fiction.  It was OK.  We were reading the Secrets of Droon.  I sort of liked it.  Yesterday I had Go Club, it is like chess except you use round stones and the board is the exact same.  I also had a play date with Henry.

5 comments:

  1. Carys - Nice post. I kinda like Go. I'm going to do volleyball and cheer leading.
    Josiah - How is Go Club?
    Dino - Go is fun to play. Same as Felix.
    Felix - I'm going to basketball today.
    Ian - I go to Go Club and ukelele.
    Zara - On Tuesdays, I go to ukelele club.
    Halle - I think I'm going to cheer leading.
    Isabel - I'm also going to cheer leading.
    Zoe - I might do cheer leading and I might do volleyball.
    Anna - I also go to cheer leading.
    Aspen - My dad might be signing me up for volleyball.
    Matthew - Same as Zara, I'm doing ukelele.
    Karthik - Is it the same teacher that taught us when we were in second grade for Go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. josiah-are you gonna answer my question or not?

      Delete
  2. Nice job Max! I did not know Go was just like Chess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Henry: I liked your post, and I hope I win in go next time!!!

    ReplyDelete