Friday, May 16, 2014

Highlights of the week for Aspen


Yesterday we had art and we made trees with tissue paper blossoms.  Somebody at my table thought it was boring.  But I think it was fun. 

After art, we read on the lawn with our reading groups.  I'm in the Art Dog group.  Today we are doing Type to Learn and after after Type to Learn, we are doing gym.  I cannot wait to see what we are going to do in gym.

On Wednesday, Barbara Stahler came to talk to us about the Mayans.  She told us the Mayan women wear traditional cloths such as Wepays.  And she also told us they made big sculptures that resembled animals.  The Mayan stoves were made of bricks and they lit a fire to cook food such as tomatoes and some type of banana.  I also learned that they wove bags with a loom, not like the rainbow loom, just like a hand loom.  The Mayans wash cloths by hand which Barbara said it took about two hours.  And I would never do that at home because I think it might too hard. 

Also on Wednesday, a few of the Husky Foodball Team members came to our school!  It was awesome!  We also did the pacer test on Monday and Wednesday.  I went on Monday and my partner went on Wednesday.  I do not, I repeat not like the pacer test.  It's too long and it makes you very thirsty.

1 comment:

  1. Isabel - I agree. The pacer test is too long and it does make you very thirsty.
    Dino - I also think it was awesome when the Husky Football team came.
    Max - I got the record on the pacer test but I wish I had done it when the Husky Football players were here.
    Zoe - Nice post and also, Ms. Kathleen has a lot of typos.
    Thea - Same as Isabel and after the pacer test, it feels really hard to breathe for me.
    Karthik - I could have told the Huskies I did a hundred.
    Ian - My score on the pacer test was 28. I could've done a lot better but I had hurt foot.
    Josiah - The only reason I kept going was because Zoe was the last one there and I didn't want to be beaten by a girl.
    Audrey - Reading on the lawn was the perfect day to do it because it was so sunny. Did any of you notice that all the Husky players has all their ears pierced except for one.
    Felix - On the pacer, I think I had 61 but according to Charlie, I had 62.
    Stella - I'm glad we did the reading on the lawn yesterday. It's cloudy today, really cloudy.
    Carys - Hi.
    Zara - Grrrrrr to Josiah and I got 47 on the pacer.
    Charlie - same as Isabel and yes, you got 62 on the pacer test, Felix.
    Aspen - I hate the pacer test!!!!
    Halle - Nice post, Aspen, I think I got 56 or 57 on the pacer and I really like the art project. It was so simple.
    Henry - Yesterday on the lawn, me and Isabel found a roly poly.
    Aspen - I also found a roly poly on a rock.
    Matthew - Why is everyone talking about the pacer test and nothing else?
    Aspen - I do not know, Matthew. I do not know.

    ReplyDelete