Friday, May 23, 2014

Highlights of the week for Charlie

Music from our Thursday Assembly
Full Orchestra - Boil the Cabbage
Full Orchestra - Long arrangement
Winds
Strings

First, most of us finished our Mayan research paper.  I feel like I did a pretty good job on my Mayan paper.  I am doing "the role of corn beliefs".  And then we had gym and we got to play castle ball on Wednesday.  And we also have gym today; I wonder what we are going to do?  We also are studying about Pakistan and areas which don't have many schools for girls in library.  We are reading about Malala Yousofzei's life.  Also this week, we had an instrumental assembly. I am still thinking about what instrument I want to do next year.  I know I want to get a wind instrument like a horn. 

2 comments:

  1. Audrey - I wish they would let you play piano because I already do piano so it would be a little easier.
    Aspen - I think I'm going to play the flute next year. A reason why I want to play the flute is because it sounds really pretty.
    Halle - Nice post, Charlie. I don't know what I'm going to play next year, but I know I want to play something.
    Anna - I am getting early flute lessons as everybody knows. Also, same as Aspen.
    Henry - I'm definitely going to play the trumpet.
    Karthik - I know I'm going to play the flute because my cousin plays the flute. It's easier because I can get quick lessons. Also, if I play the flute upside down, nobody will be able to go to sleep and they would have to tell me every time to stop playing the flute upside down.
    Zara - I wish they had Ukelele and why are we all talking about music?
    Ian - Same as Audrey. I want to do something besides trumpet because so many people want to do a trumpet that it will be more like a contest.
    Josiah - I want to play the trumpet so I can get up really early and play it.
    Carys - I'm either going to play the flute or the cello next year.
    Thea - I'm pretty sure everybody knows what I'm going to play - the violin!
    Matthew - I want to play the trumpet so I can wake Seth up on Saturday.
    Felix - I want to play the trumpet also.
    Zoe - I want to play the trumpet because it is loud and I'm loud. And it is annoying and I am annoying. And it's pretty and I'm pretty. And it pushes people's buttons and I push people's buttons. So those would be the reasons I want to play the trumpet.
    Dino - I want to play the trumpet because I want to annoy my sister. I'm going to ask my mom to buy me a trumpet and put me in lessons.
    Isabel - I think I want to play the flute. And nice post.
    Charlie - The only reason I want to get a horn or something is so I can annoy my sister. The reason I don't want to play the flute is that every body else want to play a flute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie- I think there are better reasons for picking an instrument than whether or not it will annoy your sister. You do a pretty good job of annoying her already. I am interested to see what instruments you all select.

    ReplyDelete