Saturday, April 19, 2014


Hampton Court Palace


We went to Hampton Court Palace which was 10 minutes from my cousins' house. The Palace was home to King Henry VIII and built in the 1500s!  We learned a lot about his life and he is most known for his wife situation - he had six wives in his life and he beheaded two of them. I love history, so I enjoyed learning about that even though it's pretty brutal. 

We had a good day though and sweetened the time with ice cream and a fun time in the garden maze - totes amazeballs!




Harry Potter Studios


The movie set of Dumbledore's office!


The model used in the movies to 
photograph Hogwarts from far away views

We went to the Harry Potter Studios where they actually filmed the Harry Potter movies.  It was amazing to see the place where the actors lived during the 10 years that they filmed those movies. We saw the sets of the Gryffindor commons, Diagon alley, Privet Drive and the Hogwarts bridge. 

One of the interesting things I learned was that sets can be used for different scenes, such as Snape's potions class.  It was also used as Snape's office and the place where the 3-headed dog guarded the sorcerers stone.  

One of my favorites was that we actually got to have Butter Beer.  It was delicious. Tasted like sparkling apple cider with caramel foam on top. yummmmm. 




The City of London



On a bridge with the London Eye and Big Ben in the background


My cousins, siblings and me with the Tower Bridge behind us



 We saw the Tower of London where they house the crown jewels and old armor from the 1500s.  Amazing history here in london.  London is full of people from all over the world. It's a busy city and we did and saw so many things there that I can't describe them all without my typing fingers getting tired. 


A Visit To Oxford





We went on a mini trip within our trip - to Oxford!!  It was a beautiful town and 38 colleges are there. So it's a town full of smarties!  There is also the Oxford castle and Thames River that runs through the town. In this picture, we are standing in front of the Natural History museum.  


Hope you all had great Spring Break's too!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda (Zara's mom)- It's so fun to hear about your trip! You did so many neat things. I visited London once so it was fun to see your photos and remember the places I've been.
    Zara- You are so lucky! Did you get to see the rooms and enchantments underneath the trapdoor? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe - That's nothing compared to my spring break! I stayed home and did absolutely nothing!
    Max - When the Harry Potter Studios toured Seattle, I saw it. It was really cool.
    Dino - I wish I could go to the Harry Potter Studio.
    Isabel - You are really lucky. Same as Dino.
    Felix - Speaking of London, my shirt says London on it.
    Matthew - No fair, you got to see the Harry Potter Studio.
    Carys - You are sooo lucky. I am a Harry Potter Freak. I would do anything to meet Emma Watson.
    Ian - Do you know how they made the death eaters fly?
    Audrey - Ian, I think I know. So, while we were at the Harry Potter Studio, we saw a model of a death eater and so I think they just used that.
    Aspen - No fair! I love Harry Potter.
    Halle - You are so lucky. Did you see the three headed dog model?
    Audrey - Nope.

    ReplyDelete