Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Trip To Austin

Anna's Trip to Austin.


When we were in the plane to Austin,we caught a great picture. here is one down here.


You can notice how flat Texas is compared to Washington!
 It was already hot in the plane when we got to Austin.  And sunny!  I couldn't believe how long it took to get there:  4hrs.  That's two movies, five books, one fight with your brother, and one not-so-good airplane lunch.

Austin's street signs are really funny.  The first one tells you how to cross the street, step by step by step.

There's another one I really like:  

We went for a walk.  It was a great sight!  Behind me is a river that runs through Austin.  It's controlled by a dam.

There's a mural that two artists were restoring.  We visited almost all the places on the mural, including the capital building (Austin is the capital of Texas), the University of Texas (go Longhorns!), and Sandy's famous frozen custard!

Texas was a great place;  I hope I go back one day.

p.s. Huskies and Longhorns get along very well!

3 comments:

  1. Audrey- it sounds like a great trip glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabel - 4 hours is nothing compared to going to Africa. 24 hours in all.
    Zoe - 4 hours is still nothing compared to staying home doing zero hours. Can I get a what what?
    Carys - I don't care who gets along with the huskies because I still don't like them.
    Thea - That was a funny sign.
    Felix - The visualize yourself being towed is my favorite sign as well.
    Ian - I still don't understand how to cross the street after seeing that sign. Cougars have much better swimsuits.
    Josiah - same as Carys. Go cougs!
    Audrey - I went on a 12 hour flight. That is 6 movies, 6 books, and a ton of fights with my brother. My cousin's school's color is blue and green but then their mascot is a cougar.
    Anna - Audrey, exactly how many fights?
    Halle - Go Huskies!
    Dino - Last year it took us three days to get to India.
    Aspen - Sounds fun. I also think the sign was funny.
    Matthew - Opposite of Halle, go ducks!
    Charlie - Go bulldogs!
    Max - The good thing about huskies is that they are a pack and they could take down about any animal.
    Karthik - Have you forgotten about the Seahawks?
    Anna - What's with all the teams and stuff? I just did the longhorn and the husky thing as a little detail.

    ReplyDelete