Monday, April 21, 2014

Matthew's Camping Trip

For Spring break, I went camping along the Oregon Coast.  It was really fun.  We camped in yurts.  We roasted s'mores every day that we were there.
Us roasting marshmallows
 A s'more with homemade strawberry marshmallows
When we walked along the Oregon Coast we saw an old shipwreck.  The boat was called the Peter Iredale for the name of the captain.

We also saw the site of an old fort that had batteries that we could climb.  The batteries still had old guns too.
Me, my friend Asher, and Seth on the gun
On our way home we stopped at Cape Disappointment to see the lighthouses.  And we found a giant slug.
Me by the lighthouse and ocean
The slug compared to my shoe

 The trip was really fun.  I really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Josiah - Was the gun able to shoot?
    Carys - I went to the Oregon coast for spring break too. I went to Long Beach, the longest beach in the world.
    Zoe - That sounds really fun. One time my step mom ate a slug.
    Max - I've gone to Portland in Oregon and that's where I got my dog.
    Thea - I've been to Portland tons of times for my dad's art shows and stuff.
    Ian - I've been to Oregon with my uncle.
    Aspen - That sounds really fun. I've been somewhere like that but it wasn't the same place.
    Halle - How did you make strawberry marshmallows?
    Matthew - Ask my mom how she made strawberry marshmallow, I have no clue how to do it.
    Dino - I've had s'mores when I went camping before.
    Anna - I've to Portland before, like four times.
    Felix - I was on the Catfish before and I really like raspberry pie. I don't like strawberry pie.
    Isabel -That slug is huge and it is not a compliment to Sluggie. Once at Indianola, I saw a slug with leopard print pattern.
    Karthik - How do you make chocolate marshmallows?
    Henry - I saw a banana slug and I accidentally stepped on it.
    Charlie - I had strawberries and S'mores but not Strawberry S'mores.
    Audrey - At a camp called Islandwood, there are a bunch of banana slugs there. And some people kissed them.
    Matthew - The guns there were just models and I learned that they defended against Japanese submarine attack in World War II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never been camping in a yurt, but it sounds like fun. Would you recommend it for Charlie and Sally? We'd have to have s'mores of course!

    ReplyDelete