Sunday, April 20, 2014

Zara in Marco Island, Florida!

We had to take 2 long planes to get to Florida. We had a 4 or 5-hour long wait while we were passing through Chicago because our plane kept getting delayed. Then, we had a 1 hour car drive to get to Marco island. My family and my cousin's family arrived at our Florida house at about 10:00 Florida time, which is 7:00 Seattle time. Then, at 10:30 we hopped in the pool and stayed in 'til 11:30 and then we fell asleep at 12:30! Every day we go to this place called "The Sand Bar" because a sand bar is a bar of sand underwater that makes you trip. I think that it is called that because it is really popular, and everybody feels like they have to stop there. The Sand Bar has an awesome pool and a mega-delicious restraunt. The restraunt has delicious grilled cheese and ice cream, but today they were out of ice cream. My birthday is happening in Florida this year, April 19. 
We have been going to the pool about 8 hours a day.

Here is a pic of the sand bar pool. Today it was stormy, which is unusual, because it is usally somewhere in the 80s or 90s.


My sister Claire and I at the beautiful beach:


My 9th birthday in Florida!


I got to ride a pony on the beach on my birthday!




Miss you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Isabel - In Mexico, I was going to ride a horse on the beach but I got really sick so I couldn't go. In Indonesia, I got to ride a motorcycle and I cried when I didn't get the one with the red dragon on it. Also, I've ridden on an elephant.
    Felix - Ice cream is very good. I rode in a truck on the beach and I've also fallen off a horse.
    Karthik - Same as Felix and I got to ride a horse on a beach too.
    Henry - I went to Long beach and rode a horse on the beach.
    Dino - Same as Karthik and Felix. In India on the beach, I got to pop balloons with a real gun. Also, I gave a quarter to an elephant and it tapped me on the head in an Indian temple.
    Zara - The ice cream is soooooooooooooooooooo good.
    Anna - No fair, you got to ride a pony on the beach!
    Halle - Nice post. In Honduras, I saw these people riding horses on the beach.
    Isabella - In Mexico, I rode a horse with my cousin.
    Aspen - That sounds fun. I've gotten to ride a horse before two times.
    Max - I'm pretty sure in Virginia there is a beach there that you can ride. It's like a safari truck or something.
    Thea - Same as Felix and no fair on everything. I've ridden a horse at least two times.
    Ian - In Costa Rica, I got to ride a motor cycle on the beach.
    Audrey - How long was the plane ride?
    Zara - Audrey, the first plane ride was three hours and the second plane ride was four hours.
    Josiah - My cousin owns a motor bike and I own a horse. Was there any candy besides ice cream there?
    Charlie - Same as Felix.
    Carys - I went to Long Beach and saw horses on the beach but I got to do something even better - surfing!
    Zoe - Happy Birthday, Zara!
    Matthew - I've ridden a horse three times.

    ReplyDelete